Sunday, October 20, 2013

Halloween Hop- Tell me about your Love Potion.


Welcome to the Entangled Publishing and Indulgence Books Halloween Hop.

Hi. I’m Tess Banyon, you know the lifestyle guru with the new TV show?  That's me in the picture above. I was asked to write a little something about Halloween, and I’m stoked. I love Halloween.  As far as I’m concerned Halloween is the best holiday of the year.  It’s a time when Something’s Cooking in my kitchen. 
Don’t worry, I’m not burning anything, not at the moment anyway. I’m making my prized Pumpkin Loaf Recipe.  It ‘s one of my absolute favorite Halloween recipes. It’s easy to make, but it tastes as if you’ve spent forever in the kitchen. Now I know that it’s rich, satisfying and probably off my diet, but I overcome that fact by telling myself that pumpkin is healthy and good for you. Naturally, I am ignoring the cream cheese and other delicious ingredients calories that make it taste like a dream.   
Do you know the other thing I love more about this time of year than my favorite pumpkin recipe?—dressing up, pretending to be someone, or something, I’m not.  I adore putting on a costume so the candy guzzlers at my door get a trick as well as a treat.  This year I’m going to dress as a witch, and I’ve been taking lessons from a real sorceress as well to make my performance more realistic.  I don’t care what my mother says about my over-achieving personality, if you're going to do something, you should do it well.  Myy witch studies are going well. I'm finding them fascinating and am learning some new recipes, too.  I did draw the line at adding eye of newt and Mexican red lizard gizzards to my stew, however.  There is another reason I’ve been studying witchcraft though.  I’ve been experimenting with a love potion that I’m planning to use on Josh Faraday, that pesty investigative reporter who keeps hanging around. If he weren't sex-on-a-stick with a fun personality I wouldn't bother, but the more I see of him, the more I like him.  I thought a love potion might speed things up a bit.  I hope it works! But if it doesn't perhaps you can all help.  
 If you were planning a love potion what would you put in it?  

PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS AND SHARE YOUR OWN LOVE POTION IDEAS.  AT THE END OF THE MONTH, I WILL BE CHOOSING A WINNER FROM THE COMMENTS AND WILL BE SENDING YOU A SPECIAL HALLOWEEN GIFT.  

PUMPKIN LOAF 

Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
½ tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
2/3 cup of flour
2/3 cup of pumpkin pie mix (Can-Libby’s or your choice)
2 Tbs. butter
8 oz. Cream Cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
¾ tsp. vanilla

Directions:
Mix eggs, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, pumpkin, and flour.  Grease cookie sheet. Cover with wax paper.  Pour mixture over wax paper. Spread evenly. Bake 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  Let cool.
Mix butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla.  Spread on top of cake to cover completely. Wrap in foil and freeze. 

1 comment:

  1. The most important Love Portion ingredient is vodka.....lots and lots of vodka!

    Thanks for the amazing giveaway!
    elizabeth @ bookattict . com

    ReplyDelete